Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Remembering Life and Architecture



Wow It's Been A While. Yeah, I have gone for too long without posting. As you all know I have been living in Washington DC, since August 2007. This stage of my life began with great expectations of a new future. And without knowing I would fall in love with this amazing city I started my studies with the goal of obtaining a diploma in Fine arts. This four years brought several experiences that somehow came to change some personal paradigms in my life. In between of this process of change I found myself trying to structure my career as an Architect with a totally different Approach to both life and Architecture. Paraphrasing Mr. Gropius I would say that he was totally right when talking about the "BauHaus" he expressed that the mentioned movement was much more than a school of Art or Architecture. They really had an approach to a new way of life. And this is what moving to the United States meant to me "a new way of life". I had the desire to name this post Remembering Life and Architecture because is looking to the past how I have been finding elements to lay down the foundation of my life and Architecture project. I do not pretend to create a Blog of Architecture itself, this is more a compilation of day to day situations that allowed me to understand my new environment and landscape. This Space pretends to create a platform where I can share what is going on around me and how this dynamics are shaping me as person and Architect. This review it is been possible because since I left El Dorado Airport in Bogota I have been documenting some events with the help of a Small sketch book. And since I consider myself a person who learn in a graphic way I will be posting some of those Sketches of life and Architecture. I think this is a good start, hope to hear what you think about this project I will appreciate any suggestions, ideas and critiques!. Before going back to the Mundane life I would like to thank some of you who inspired and encouraged me to re open this space, Gracias! (you know who you are ). I am going to leave you with a sketch of the Metro Center Station of Washington DC metro System. It was done after a job interview for my actual position at UPA Architects in October 2009.

No comments: